Creative Systems and Consulting LLC. is a leading provider of IT management consulting services and cloud solutions to Federal agencies. Our services focus on enabling Federal Agencies meet their modernization and transformation requirements. Creative focuses on offering full range of planning, implementation and operations of Cloud based systems. Our project teams work with federal agencies to quickly solve mission-critical problems by identifying, designing, and implementing technology enabled solutions to improve their strategies and operations.
Tech Writer (Job ID: TW-042016)
We are looking for a experienced and talented Technical Writer to join our Team!
The Technical Writer is responsible for the planning, researching, outlining and writing of end-user documentation including all user manuals, technical manuals/documents, directives, policies and infrastructure documentation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with IT groups and ISSOs (Information System Security Officers) to describe and document systems or products that have been developed or are in the process of being developed.
- Work with appropriate staff to update Agency directives and policies.
- Conduct research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation and by gleaning information from the system or product being documented.
- Develop an understanding of the requirements for the features being documented, including target audience.
- Create graphics that aid the target audience in understanding the documented material. Provides input concerning GUI design and wording of messages.
- Design and write documentation on selected media. Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Rolls up components into one document.
- Work with technical resources to improve document quality and usability. May manage and coordinate efforts of vendors for special projects. May participate in design and navigation sessions.
- Track and corrects documentation defects.
- Follow the documentation project through to completion, including client signoff, production and archival.
- Maintain internal documentation library and provides and/or coordinates special documentation services as required.
- Develop and updates documentation standards, templates and procedures.
Candidates must have 5-7 years of business or technical writing experience and in-depth knowledge of multiple software and graphics packages.
You must possess superb communication, analytical and time management skills.
Applicant must have Bachelor's degree
Minimum 5 years of experience writing and preparing technical and business documentation.
(Please reference job ID: TW-042016 when responding)
How to Apply