NRCS Mission Support Administrative Services Portal
Creative assisted National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) at the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) in providing an administrative services portal that helps to address the need for a services application that would reach across all regions, national centers, state offices and and local service centers. There was a high degree of effort required in providing its’ 12,000 employees with the level of administrative services that provided timeliness, accountability, and ease of use. Through Creative’s extensive focus on User Centered Design, NRCS expectations were exceeded through our methodology of Explore, Ideate, Design and Validate.
Cloud-based custom applications, utilizing the industry's best practices that come in ServiceNow’s out of the box (OOB) features, were used to build Human Resources (HR) services/modules under a centralized Human Resource portal.
Module features included:
- Customer satisfaction feedback loop
- External links
- Data analytics
- Mobile device support
Creative has implemented the following ServiceNow HR Service Management (HRSM):
- Non-federal onboarding - Non-Federal employee in processing
- Pathways management - Intern Onboarding and Participant Management
- Transfer of Station - Employee Relocation Services and Reimbursement
- Action Registry Solution - Monitoring Events and Actions
NRCS Finance department also enjoys the benefits with its Creative-built Grants and Agreements(G&A) Management application, for submission, approval routing and overall process management of the G&A paperwork.
NRCS is expanding on this initial set of administrative services and continues to add several additional administrative services modules.
The redundancy in manual, swimlane-focused processes were immediately reduced due to collaborative nature of ServiceNow by over 12,000 NRCS self-service users.
- Ease of request tracking and resolution from initiation through completion
- Encourages Intra-departmental (HR, Finance, Operations etc.) discussions
- Ability to generate management reports/dashboards for quick analysis
- Improved Service Efficiency to customers by eliminating manual work like emails, fax.
- Transparency in service delivery through Action log, request tracking, escalation in case of delays or criticality
- Ability to assess team productivity and efficiency
- Consistency of service delivery by standardizing the processes