USDA DSC Salesforce CoE
Why do Agencies need a Salesforce CoE?
As government agencies continue to seek digital transformation to overhaul citizen experience, improve employee productivity, and digitize legacy processes, a Salesforce CoE can support the journey with significant benefits including:
- Scalability: Meet current and future agency needs and enterprise adoption
- Savings and ROI: Provide clear savings and positive return on investment through license and shared services management
- Standardization: Ensure common ground rules, technical standards, guidelines and practices
- Engage and Empower Federal Workforce: Re-skill and retrain federal workforce for cloud-first and citizen experience mindset
- Data-driven Decisions: Drive decisions through data analytics and KPIs
- Coalition of the Willing: Promote adoption through advisement, support and guidance, not policy and enforcement
- App Re-usability: Provides increased speed to market and delivery of services to citizens, employees, and customers
USDA Digital Services Center (DSC) CoE Creative Success Story
The USDA Digital Service Center (DSC) is a Center of Excellence and Shared Services organization under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO) Enterprise Application Services (EAS). The DSC provides the full spectrum of digital transformation services to 15 USDA agencies leveraging SaaS platforms including Salesforce, Mulesoft, and ServiceNow.
Since 2014, DSC has served as the Center of Excellence for cloud implementations and has partnered with USDA agencies to assist them with digital cloud platform adoption by providing services including architecture and planning, implementation, FedRAMP advancement, release and configuration management, platform management and application O&M and Help Desk support.
Creative currently supports 50+ Salesforce applications at DSC and has delivered millions of dollars of savings through license management, shared services, and governance and standardization of tools and processes.
How Creative Helped
- Supported the DSC’s growth from a single Salesforce app in 2014 to 50+ applications across 10+ Salesforce orgs and 15 agencies at USDA
- Provided a full spectrum of CoE services including: governance, advisory and best practices, configuration, change and release management using DevSecOps, platform security and ATO, license and environment support, and O&M and help desk
- Managed an average case volume of 3000+ service requests annually
- Supported an entire ecosystem of Salesforce products including Service Cloud lightning, platform, customer and partner community, Mulesoft, Tableau integration, Einstein analytics, and citizen and public portals
- Provided platform encryption and securitization, single sign-on using PIV card enabled USDA e-Auth, and integration with federal systems such as pay.gov